Thursday, January 10, 2013
Joys of Public Transportation
I have been riding my bike to work for close to 3 years now and wanted to list a few pros and cons…
- A Wee Bit Cold in the Winter
- Free Shower in the Summer
- No Waiting
- No nose in smelly arm pits. (Okay so since I am tall I don’t have that issue)
- Chatting it up with fellow cyclists
- Racing cars at lights (Just Kidding)
and… No Yeah Yep Cool Girl!
Of course there are countless benefits of riding a bike. I had to ride the bus to work a few times while dealing with a medical issue and boy, did I regret it.…Read the rest of this entry »
I don’t often have a driver of a car roll down their window to talk to me, but yesterday one did and we had quite an interesting conversation.
Firstly she said that she was a cyclist and that my bright head light which I happened to have in flash mode was blinding her from behind. When I was behind her I noticed that she seemed to have her hand up to her window much like I have done when bright lights hit the mirror just right. (I wonder if my mirrors are not properly angled when that happens) In fact it seemed that she had her hand to her ear originally and I immediately thought cell phone.…Read the rest of this entry »
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Why invest in eBooks?
Devices such as the Nook and Kindle have been around for a very long time. They offer convenience but have many limitations over paper backs.
- No paper used to produce the book. (Environment Benefit)
- Can carry many normally heavy books in the palm of your hand.
- No recurring production costs. Once made into an ebook, which I don’t think costs much or takes much time when computers are used to type books in this modern age.
- You cannot lend them.
Jason's Blog is proudly powered by WordPress